How First Phase Data Helps Auto Dealers Get Organized and More Profitable
Paperwork is an unavoidable element of operating an automotive dealership. There seems to be a perpetual glut of financial paperwork, legal forms like title transfers and odometer statements, warranty agreements, and the list goes on.
Woe to a salesperson or finance manager who loses or misplaces one essential document. This could result in delays closing a sale, or unhappy customers who must make another trip to the dealership to sign documents again – not to mention the pain of writer’s cramp from all the signatures.
So how can you more efficiently do all of these? Consider using document management in the cloud.
What is Document Management?
Document management transforms stacks of paper waiting for attention to electronic documents that are at your fingertips whenever and wherever you need them. When your dealership feels like it’s buried in paperwork, and you’re running out of space for filing cabinets, document management is a sure cure for paperwork blues.
Consider one individual sale with all the documents, signatures, and copies required. It’s enough to give an environmentalist nightmares. Don’t even mention the printing, ink, manual filing, storage space, or time spent looking for just the right document you need.
If you have fleet sales or multiple locations, the plot thickens even more – scanning and faxing documents to other locations, sending a courier over with a title that needs a signature – oh my.
Document management in the cloud stores all documents safely and securely in the cloud, where anyone with authority can view, edit, print, and collaborate on content.
All documents for a deal can be associated and referenced together to make working with sales teams, finance, and customers a breeze. Location makes no difference – it’s all in the cloud, where you can view and print documents anytime, anywhere, on any device. Yep – even from your mobile devices like laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Can Document Management and Managed Print Services Really Help Your Dealership?
In a word – “you bet!” OK, that’s two words, but you get the point. There are multiple ways an auto dealership can benefit from document technology:
- With cloud-based document management, there is no paper-shuffling, emailing, or filing. It’s all accessible by anyone who needs the information – immediately.
- You only print what is necessary. Save money on printers, paper, and supplies, not to mention the time and the precious space consumed by printers, scanners, fax machines, and filing cabinets.
- With cloud storage, nothing gets lost or misplaced (not like that ever happens). If a form you need gets damaged, just reprint it. It will always be there to review – not tucked away where no one can find it or stored at a different location.
- Productivity increases. Employees will love the reduced paperwork, ease of finding documents, and the ability to reference and share information quickly at electronic speed.
- Reduced printing means you can probably eliminate older devices such as desktop printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines. This frees even more space for doing business or for more valuable uses such as coffee machines and trays of doughnuts.
- Accuracy is improved. No more trying to decipher someone’s illegible handwriting on important documents.
So with your business documents safely spinning in the cloud, easy access to every piece of information your team needs, and reduced carbon footprint from consumption of less paper and supplies, what do you need to do?
Get started, of course. But how?
How to Get Started
With all these benefits, your question is probably: How can my dealership get started to become more efficient while saving money?
Calling First Phase Data (FPD) is your first step. FPD printing and document experts can conduct an in-depth evaluation of your document flow, business requirements, and printing infrastructure. This will include not only what documents you need, but how they are used, created, and retained.
This analysis will provide the basis for a cloud document management solution combined with a proposal for upgrading or replacing equipment with modern, energy-efficient multifunction printers.
FPD can do much more than provide a document and workflow analysis of your dealership – including all locations. We can implement state-of-the-art software and printers that keep your business running smoothly with cost-effective software, printers, supplies, and industry-leading service.
Contact the professionals at First Phase Data to get your dealership started with a complete evaluation of document flow and printing requirements.
Count on First Phase Data for Complete Document Solutions
First Phase Data is a local business serving local clients for total solutions to business problems. We will work with your auto dealership to provide managed print services, cloud document storage, and efficient workflow that:
- Boosts dealership productivity
- Saves money on printing and improves sustainability
- Improves information accuracy
- Provides access to important documents in the cloud – safely and securely
FPD offers cloud-based solutions for auto dealerships of every size:
- For larger dealerships – ELO Digital Office
- Where requirements are lower for smaller needs – Sentry File Document Management
Subscribe to our newsletter for more engaging content and information on the many ways we provide superior service to our clients.